Career Vacancy : Chief Procurement Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : National Museums of Kenya Job Recruitment
The National Museums of Kenya (NMK) is a state corporation established by an Act of Parliament, the National Museums and Heritage Act, 2006 No. 6 of 2006. NMK is a multi-disciplinary institution whose role is to collect, preserve, study, document and present Kenya’s past and present cultural and natural heritage. This is for the purposes of enhancing knowledge, appreciation, respect and sustainable utilization of these resources for the benefit of Kenya and the world, for now and posterity.
It is in line with the need to realize the above mandate that NMK management is seeking to recruit suitable and qualified persons to fill the following positions whose holders will be based at NMK headquarters.
Chief Procurement Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position holder will report the Director Administration and Human Resource and will be required to:
- Head Procurement Section
- Advice the Director Administration and Human Resource on all procurement matters
- Co-ordinate all procurement activities
- Supervise, monitor performance and periodically evaluate the activities of all procurement personnel in the Department
- Institute periodical management inspections every six months to assess utilization and control of supplies
- Initiate and develop procurement policies for the institution in line with various applicable statutory laws
- Develop the organization’s procurement plan and manual
- Review procurement documentations for both local and overseas orders
- Prepare advertisement and procurement notices; analyze tender documents; prepare purchase orders as per approved tender/quotes; and prepare and submit written reports on procurement issues to the Director Administration and Human Resource
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time
For one to be appointed to this grade, one must:
- Have served as Senior Procurement Officer for a period of three (3) years in a reputable organization
- Be in possession of a Masters Degree (Supplies Management Option) or its equivalent
- Be registered by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Have shown merit and ability in his/her job performance
- Have demonstrated high administrative capabilities
Terms of service: Three (3) years renewable contract.
Qualified and interested applicants may apply enclosing a detailed resume, copies of academic and professional certificates plus testimonials, names and addresses of referees.
The applications should be addressed to:
National Museums of Kenya,
P.O. Box 40658-00100,
OR e-mail: email@example.com
so as to be received not later than 19th April, 2019.
Applicants are required to submit their applications alongside clearances from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, Directorate of Criminal Investigation, Credit Reference Bureau and Higher Education Loans Board.
NMK is an equal opportunities employer.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.