Career Vacancy : Personal Assistant Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Brown’s Food Company Job Recruitment
Our client, Brown’s Food Company, is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt.
They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Personal Assistant will be responsible for providing personalized secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner as
well as working on a one-to-one basis on a variety of tasks related to directors’ working life and communication.
This position will be based in Tigoni, Kiambu County.
- Planning and scheduling meetings, appointments and conferences to be attended by the directors.
- Coordinating the directors’ calendar including booking of appointments, meetings and other activities.
- Making travel arrangements, preparing itineraries, preparing and compiling travel documents and maintaining travel records.
- Organizing events and conferences.
- Sourcing for necessary office supplies.
- Screening phone calls and dealing with enquiries where appropriate before forwarding them to the directors.
- Monitoring and reporting the directors’ emails and responding if required.
- Acting as the point of contact between the directors, suppliers and internal/external clients as well as maintaining good relationships with them.
- Communicating verbally and in writing on direct queries from prospective clients and customers by provide necessary information where need be.
- Devising and maintaining an efficient office filing system by organizing and filing documents for both business and directors’ personal documents including sensitive and highly confidential documentation.
- Taking minutes during meetings
- Assisting with the projects that the director may require by conducting research and writing necessary reports.
- Reviewing, proofreading, and editing documents for the directors’ office
- Preparing presentations and reports for the directors.
- Organizing travel and accommodation for the directors and their family and ensuring that the required travel documents are up-to-date.
- Liaising with the Accounts department to ensure timely settlement of all bills for the directors including petty cash expenses.
- Preparing cheques for the directors’ signature and ensuring they are banked and/or delivered on time to the respective suppliers.
- Handling of credit card payments, invoices, and utility bills and ensuring timely settlement.
- Handling petty cash for day to day expenses.
- Organizing personal appointments for the directors.
- Supervising personal errands as assigned by the directors.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree or Diploma in Administration/Management or any related field
- A Diploma in Front Office or Secretarial studies is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years proven work experience as a Personal Assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent verbal & written communications, and interpersonal skills
- Professional discretion and confidentiality
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject PERSONAL ASSISTANT by 12th April 2019 C.O.B stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.