Career Vacancy : NYEWASCO Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Board of Directors Job Recruitment
Tana Water Services Board, County Government of Nyeri
Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company
Re – Advertisement
Invitation for Application of Board of Directors Vacant Positions in Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company Limited
Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company (NYEWASCO) is a limited company fully owned by the County Government of Nyeri and is responsible for efficient and economical provision of water and sewerage services within its area of jurisdiction contracted by Tana Water Services Board (TWSB).
The area of supply served covers Nyeri Town Sub County and its environs within Nyeri County.
The Board of Directors comprises representatives of stakeholders identified by the County Government of Nyeri in consultation with Tana Water Services Board in accordance with Corporate Governance Guidelines issued by the Water Services Regulatory Board. One third of the Board retires on rotation at every Annual General Meeting (AGM).
In this regard, applications are invited from suitably qualified person’s resident within the service area of the company who meet the following background and eligibility criteria and wish to be considered for directorship for the Company.
Background of Directors
The composition of the directors requires a mix of skills and experience. Except from one representative appointed by the National Treasury and two representatives from the County Government of Nyeri who must be from the executive arm of the County Government, other directors are required to be competitively recruited as per the set criteria Corporate Governance guidelines of the Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB).
During the forthcoming General Meeting, the following vacant position shall be competitively filled.
1. One (1) Director nominated by Special Interest Groups i.e. Registered Women Organizations, Association of people with disabilities and Youths.
2. One (1) Director nominated by Business Community and Manufactures i.e. Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Hotel Owners Association, Kenya Association of Manufacturers and Jua Kali Association.
This ¡s therefore to invite applications from nominees of the above stakeholders. The applicants should enclose a letter of nomination from the stakeholder orqanization/institution together with their own applications and curriculum vitae (CV) including certified copies of academic qualification, testimonials and professional certificates.
The applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria: –
1. Be literate and numerate to at least O level and post-secondary academic qualification from institutions recognized in Kenya
2. Demonstrated experience and acumen in business or any profession for at least 7 years
3. Demonstrated participation in local development initiatives
4. Experience as a change management agent
5. Be a resident of the area served by the company.
6. Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Clearance Certificate from accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption (EACC)
1. Suppliers and other trading associates of the company are not eligible for directorship positions of the company.
2. Persons in current professional or social relationships with directors of the company cannot become directors in the company.
The applications should be addressed to the Selection Committee in sealed envelopes marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTORSHIP IN NYEWASCO” at the address below on or before Thursday, 2nd May 2019 by 11.00 a.m.
Chairperson, Selection Committee,
Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 1520 -10100
Or may be deposited at Nyeri Water and Sewerage Company Ltd Head office opposite Nyeri Town Health Centre next to the Nyeri County Fire Station.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Late applications will be rejected.
Submitted applications will be opened soon after closing at the NYEWASCO Board Room in the presence of the stakeholders or their representatives who wish to attend.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.