Career Vacancy : Head of Programme Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Norwegian Refugee Council Job Recruitment
Norwegian Refugee Council
Head of Programme – Kenya
Ref. nr.: 4063270141
Number of positions: 1
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 31 countries. We specialise in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
We stand up for people forced to flee. NRC is a determined advocate for displaced people. We promote and defend displaced people’s rights and dignity in local communities, with national governments and in the international arena. NRC’s Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva is a global leader in monitoring, reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
We respond quickly to emergencies.Our expert deployment capacity, NORCAP, boasts around 1,000 experts from all over the world who can be deployed within 72 hours. Our experts help improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council.Most of us are hired locally to work in the field, and a small number are based at our head office in Oslo. Many of our colleagues were once themselves fleeing their homes.
The Norwegian Refugee Council looking for a Head of Programme to lead the Kenya Country Office programme unit. This position reports into the Country Director and is responsible for ensuring overall development and implementation of a high quality and holistic programme, with particular focus on supporting an integrated approach to programme development.
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Provide programme input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Development of Core Competency strategies
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards
- Quality control, M&E and organizational learning
- Capacity building of all technical staff
- In-country representation
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Deputise for Country Director
- Support the integrated approach to programme development
- Ensure project cycle management (PCM) undertaken correctly throughout the programme
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Minimum First Level University/Bachelor’s Degree in relevant and related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in one or more of NRCS Core Competences (thematic areas)
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead and manage a team
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Kenya context and understanding of Durable Solutions
- Demonstrable expertise in Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- Integrated programming experience including cash programming
- Experience working with private sector and government authorities
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
- Travel: 10%
- Contract Duration: 2 years
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive compensation and benefits package
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
*Females are highly encouraged to apply*
CLICK HERE for a detailed Job Description
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Project management
Deadline for application: 25/04/2019
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.