Career Vacancy : Civil Engineer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Kwale International Sugar Company Ltd Job Recruitment
Kwale International Sugar Company Limited (KISCOL) is looking for an experienced, self-driven Civil Engineer with a wealth of industry knowledge.
To ensure success, the ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits, field visits, facilities and buildings inspections and attending compliance and regulatory meetings.
The Civil Engineer should be a critical thinker and have sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve engineering problems. The ideal candidate must also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes. They must be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, negotiate project details with their team, subcontractors and regulatory and compliance agencies.
- Develop detailed designs.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing projects plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances for compliance.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, civil engineering and production processes and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with professional sub-contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources and deadlines, acquiring and compiling quotation etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registration/licensure as a Professional Engineer.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ industry knowledge strongly desirable.
- Familiarity with design software such as Autodesk, AutoCAD civil 3D and MicroStation.
- Knowledge of map creation software and photo imaging software.
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals etc.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure projects deadlines are met
- Leadership skills to effectively manage diverse groups of professionals; working on projects.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are invited to send their application along with detailed CV to email@example.com indicating the Position as the Subject of the email.
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 9th May 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.