Career Vacancy : Health Advisor Job Description
Employment Opportunity : AHEAD study Kenya Job Recruitment
Health Advisor (1 Position) – 50% FTE
The AHEAD study aims to investigate a modified assisted partner services (aPS) model to augment screening, diagnosis, linkage and retention to care for HIV and hypertensive patients in Kenya.
We are looking to hire several positions for our research team based in Nairobi.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with HIV-infected and hypertensive patients with the utmost respect and care.
We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to all clients, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
The Health Advisor will be responsible for the data collection activities for the study, including interviews.
The Health Advisors must be comfortable working with HIV and hypertensive individuals in the locations where they and their families live.
S/he will be report to the Study Coordinator.
S/he must be able to work with minimal supervision and for long hours when necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Screen and enroll eligible hypertensive patients who may or may not be HIV-infected enrolled as index participants
- Perform anthropometric measurements for participants enrolled in the study
- Conduct interviews with study participants using mobile data entry technology
- Be responsible for follow up of index participants and their family members identified by either home visits or phone calls
- Perform HIV testing and counseling (HTC) for index participants and family members
- Maintain familiarity with the protocol and standard operation procedures of the study
- Provide ongoing counseling and relevant referrals for participant support, including HIV care services, support groups, violence prevention organizations, and more
- Document clinic, home visits and phone calls on source documents and CRFs
- Safeguard source documents and CRFs and ensure data quality
- Participate in community engagement activities and meetings
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as needed for the Study coordinator
- Meet the agreed targets
- Any other duties as directed by study coordinator
- Certificate in Voluntary Counseling and Testing or HTC from NASCOP
- Diploma or higher degree in: psychology, public health or other health-related fields will be of added advantage
- Experience working with HIV partner services is mandatory.
- Experience in taking anthropometric measurements
- Experience in social work and research projects will be an added advantage
- At least one-year work experience in HTC service provision
- Willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key populations and international partners
Desirable qualities, skills and abilities:
- Experience in Home-Based Counseling and Testing is desirable
How to Apply
Please note that the appointment is on a one-year contract term renewable on mutual agreement and availability of funds.
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should CLICK HERE to fill our online application form and then submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July, 2019.
1. Application letter
2. Up-to-date CV
3. Relevant certificates
All applications should be addressed to the Principal Investigator AHEAD Study.
Applications without the above mentioned qualifications or required testimonials will NOT be considered.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.