Career Vacancy : Danish Refugee Council Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Regional Safety Coordinator Job Recruitment
Danish Refugee Council
Vacancy: Regional Safety Coordinator
Overall purpose of the role
The Regional Safety Coordinator (RSC) will advise and assist the Regional Director (RD), the Regional Senior Management Team (SMT) and Country Directors to develop and implement DRC’s Safety Risk Management System (SRMS) across DRC programming in the East Africa & Great Lakes (EAGL) region.
Fully implementing the SRMS will ensure that DRC meets an appropriate level of duty of care for those who fall under DRC’s responsibility.
The RSC reports to the RD with a technical line to the Global Safety Advisor (GSA) at HQ. While the RSC does not directly line manage significant numbers of safety staff, the RSC provides technical oversight and support to safety staff within the region.
- Relevant university degree or at least 12 years’ experience in the safety and security sector not including military experience;
- At least 7 years in security and safety management including international safety and security experience in several countries, preferably within EAGL region;
- At least two years as a safety and security manager with an INGO at a country or regional level; preferably with experience in high risk environments within EAGL region;
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective and contextualized safety and security protocols and systems;
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency in French is an added advantage;
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time.
Qualified candidates are invited to access full job description on this link www.drc.ngo under vacancies.
Please submit applications online on this link by 28 July, 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.