Career Vacancy : Chief Executive Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : National Hospital Insurance Fund Job Recruitment
ABOUT THE NATIONAL HOSPITAL INSURANCE FUND (NHIF)
The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a State Corporation established under the National Hospital Insurance Fund Act, number 9 of 1998.
The Fund’s core mandate is to receive members contributions and other payments as required by the Act, to make payments out of the Fund to declared and contracted healthcare providers, and to protect the interest of the contributors to the Fund.
The Fund is currently undergoing reforms in readiness to play its role in the delivery of one of the Government’s Big 4 agenda of providing Universal Health Coverage (UHC) to its people.
The Board of NHIF is advertising the following exciting opportunity:
JOB REF. NHIF 01/2019
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
The Fund is seeking to recruit a highly dynamic, self-driven individual of high integrity, proactive and result-oriented individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Executive officer shall be the Secretary to the Board of the Fund and shall bear the responsibility for the day to today management of the Fund.
Reporting to the Board of Management of the Fund the CEO shall: –
1. Manage the day to day business of the Fund
2. Ensure Compliance to the legal and regulatory requirements
3. Serve as the Secretary to the Board of Management
4. Provide leadership to the staff of the Fund
5. With approval of the Board, facilitate the crafting and implementation of the Fund’s strategic plan, preparation of budgets, operational proposals, work plans and corporate policies.
6. Advise the Board on policies, strategies and programs for advancing the objectives of the Fund.
7. Ensure institutionalization of proper internal controls, systems and procedures
8. Foster and maintain effective communication between the Board and Management, all levels of staff as well as between the Fund, Government another Stakeholders.
9. Act as the principle spokesperson of the Fund in operational matters
10. Maintain a conducive work environment that attracts, retains and motivates skilled and talented employees
11. Foster a culture that promotes implementation of ethical and good corporate governance practice
12. Any other responsibilities as may be necessary to achieve the Fund’s objectives
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
The successful applicant should: –
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have Bachelor’s and master’s degree in any of the following: – Insurance, Law, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Economics, Banking, Finance or Commerce or any other relevant Business field from a University recognized in Kenya
- Possess extensive leadership and managerial experience of at least 15 years with at least 5 years of which must be at leadership position.
- Proven change management and analytical skills.
- Be a member to a professional body and in good standing.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experiences preferably in a financial/ insurance environment
- Be compliant to the requirement of Chapter Six (6) and thirteen (13) of the constitution
Appointment to the CEO positions will be on contract for a term of three (3) years renewable once for a similar term, subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualified and experienced professionals who fulfil the requirements and would like to take up the challenge are invited to apply not later than 25th July 2019.
Application for the positions must be accompanied by the following documents: –
- A detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic certificates and National Identity card
- Certificates of admission to professional bodies
- Tax compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Certificate of clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Clearance by the Ethics and Anti –corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance with the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please note that the self-declaration form from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC) should indicate the organization for which declaration is being submitted.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted and invited for the interview.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to either submit their applications by email to apply to email@example.com or Hard copies delivered to NHIF Building 10th floor, to reach on or before Thursday 25th July 2019 to:
Board of Management
National Hospital Insurance Fund
NHIF Building 10th Floor
P. O. BOX 30443-00100
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
*NHIF is an equal opportunity employer.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.